You’ve probably heard Hippocrates say “Walking is the best medicine.” And when you think about it, that short phrase tells you a lot about your health. Walking combined with a healthy diet and a good night’s sleep can help you avoid the doctor altogether.
Only 15-30 minutes of walking every day can dramatically improve not only the overall appearance of a person but also their health. In addition, walking is free, easy and requires little effort.
Here is a list of benefits that you can get by walking every day.
1. POSITIVE BRAIN CHANGES
- All kinds of physical activity, including low-impact aerobic exercises such as walking, rejuvenate the entire body by sending new blood to the entire body.
- That way, you feel better and healthier, and your brain gets enough blood to function properly.
- It can prevent early dementia, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and improve your mental health.
2. IMPROVEMENT OF THE VIEW
- Although the eyes may seem like the last thing that connects with the legs, walking also benefits your health.
- Walking (and exercising in general) can reduce eye pressure and, therefore, help fight glaucoma.
3. PREVENTION OF HEART DISEASE
- Walking is not the same as running, however, it is as effective as running when it comes to preventing heart problems.
- It lowers blood pressure, improves blood circulation and keeps blood cholesterol levels within some reasonable limits.
4. GREATER PULMONARY VOLUME
- Walking is an aerobic exercise that improves the flow of oxygen in the bloodstream, removes toxins from your body and increases the capacity of your lungs.
- And better breathing is good for the lungs.
5. BENEFICIAL EFFECTS ON PANCREAS
- According to studies, walking is a much more effective tool to prevent diabetes than running.
- This research shows that a group of “walkers” demonstrated an improvement in glucose tolerance almost 6 times greater (that is, how well the cells absorb blood sugar) than that of a group of “runners”, during a trial period of 6 months.
6. IMPROVED DIGESTION
- You don’t have to go to the gym every day to improve your digestion.
- A 30-minute walk per day will not only help you with your cholesterol, fat loss and digestion problems, but also with the risk of colon cancer.
7. TONED MUSCLES
- Walking can also help you burn calories, lose fat and tone your muscles.
- You can make a difference with 10,000 steps per day, especially if you try the climb uphill.
- In addition, it is low impact and there is no recovery time, which means there is no muscle pain.
8. STRONGER BONES AND JOINTS
- Our joints and leg muscles are made to be used.
- And walking alone will do them good. It will improve joint mobility, prevent bone loss and even make them more resistant to fractures.
- It is recommended to walk 30 minutes per day every day to reduce pain.
9. BACK PAIN RELIEF
- Walking is a low impact activity and will not hurt your back.
- In fact, it will reduce back pain by improving blood circulation around spinal structures and improving posture and flexibility.
10. A MORE QUIET MIND
- Psychiatrists recommend walking as a good exercise for people with major depressive disorders.
- Well, if you can help that kind of person, imagine how good it is for people who only need to deal with everyday problems.
- Everyone feels happy after exercise.